Social Science Researcher Salaries
|Group W Social Science Researcher salaries – 1 salaries reported||$150,446/yr|
|Casals & Associates Social Science Researcher salaries – 1 salaries reported||$52,629/yr|
|Stanford University Social Science Research Assistant salaries – 46 salaries reported||$57,855/yr|
- 1 How much does a social science researcher make?
- 2 How do I become a social science researcher?
- 3 What does a social science research assistant do?
- 4 What science job makes most money?
- 5 Is a research scientist a good career?
- 6 What science jobs are in demand?
- 7 What jobs can you get from social science?
- 8 Is Criminology a social science?
- 9 What is the best course in social science?
- 10 Which job has highest salary in world?
- 11 Why do science jobs pay so little?
Average Salary for a Social Sciences Research Scientist Social Sciences Research Scientists in America make an average salary of $62,456 per year or $30 per hour. The top 10 percent makes over $99,000 per year, while the bottom 10 percent under $39,000 per year.
To qualify as a social researcher, you must have at least a bachelor’s degree in social science. Social science programs help students learn and apply research skills. Through their coursework, students learn how to formulate questions, conduct research, evaluate data, communicate findings and analyze existing studies.
Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
What science job makes most money?
7 Highest Paying Science Jobs
- #1 Physicist. Median Salary: $129,850. Education: Doctorate.
- #2 Computer Research Scientist. Median Salary: $126,830.
- #3 Political Scientist. Median Salary: $125,350.
- #4 Astronomer. Median Salary: $119,730.
- #5 Biochemist or Biophysicist. Median Salary: $94,270.
- #6 Geoscientist. Median Salary: $93,580.
Is a research scientist a good career?
If you are a naturally inquisitive person who enjoys research, you may enjoy a career as a research scientist. With a strong earning potential and the ability to research a variety of different fields, many find this job extremely fulfilling.
What science jobs are in demand?
Top 10 Life Sciences Jobs Most in Demand over the Next Decade
- Epidemiologists. Projected Employment change, 2018–28: 400 more jobs.
- Biomedical Engineers.
- Genetic Counselors.
- Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists.
- Chemical Technicians.
- Biochemists and Biophysicists.
- Biological Technicians.
7 careers for Social Sciences graduates
- Police. An obvious pick for criminology students, the police force in the UK and abroad is a great natural fit for those with a background in the study of crime.
- Rehabilitation worker.
- Psychologist / Counsellor.
- Social / Youth Worker.
- Local Government.
Criminology is the systematic study of law making, law breaking, and law enforcing. Criminology is a social science emphasizing systematic data collection, theoretical-methodological symmetry, and the accumulation of empirical evidence toward the goal of understanding the nature and extent of crime in society.
Top Highest Paying Graduate Degrees In Social Sciences for 2019
- PhD in Political Science.
- Masters Degree in Finance.
- Masters Degree in Economics.
- Masters Degree in International Relations.
- Masters Degree in Organizational Psychology.
- PhD in Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Which job has highest salary in world?
Top highest paying jobs in the world
- Chief Executive Officer.
- Investment Banker.
- Senior Software Engineer.
- Data Scientist.
Why do science jobs pay so little?
If you are working on your PHD and doing research then you are paid very little. This is because you can pay yourself out of the grants that you get. This varies from university to university but say they allow you to pay “up to” 50% of your salary out of a grant.