Associate degrees strengthen critical thinking and analytical skills, preparing graduates for entry-level roles in many industries. With an associate degree in social science, graduates can pursue jobs as paralegals, administrative assistants, and social service assistants. Potential careers vary by degree focus.
- 1 Is social Sciences a good degree?
- 2 Is an associate of science degree worth anything?
- 3 What jobs pay well with an associate’s degree?
- 4 What jobs can you get with social Studies?
- 5 Why do people major in social science?
- 6 Is social science hard?
- 7 What is the best associate’s degree to get?
- 8 What can you major in with associates of science?
- 9 Should I get an AA or AS?
- 10 Can you make a good living with an associate’s degree?
- 11 Do social workers get paid well?
- 12 What field of social work pays the most?
Students with an eye on their job prospects should take social science degrees, research suggests. They are also more likely to be in managerial or senior roles, says a Campaign for Social Science study. The authors analysed data on graduate destinations from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
Is an associate of science degree worth anything?
Are Associates Degrees Worth Anything? Yes, an associates degree is worth it and may be a wise investment for many students. According to the Center on Education and the Workforce survey, associate degree graduates earn on average around $400,000 more during their careers than those with just a high school diploma.
What jobs pay well with an associate’s degree?
24 Highest Paying Associate Degree Jobs
- Air Traffic Controller. Salary: $124,540.
- Computer Programmer. Salary: $82,240.
- Radiation Therapist. Salary: $80,570.
- Nuclear Technician. Salary: $80,370.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist. Salary: $75,660.
- Dental Hygienist. Salary: $74,070.
- Registered Nurse. Salary: $70,000.
- Web Developer.
Career Information for Jobs that Involve Social Studies
- Sociologists. Sociologists are professionals with a master’s or doctoral degree in their field.
- Postsecondary Teachers.
- Anthropologists and Archeologists.
- Political Scientists.
- Market Research Analysts.
Social science gives you the knowledge you need to help and analyze individuals, small groups, and society as a whole. There are many types of social science degrees. The seven major branches of social sciences are history, political science, geography, economics, psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
Roughly speaking, the natural sciences (e.g. physics, biology, astronomy) are considered “hard”, whereas the social sciences (e.g. psychology, sociology, political science) are usually described as “soft”.
What is the best associate’s degree to get?
What Are the Highest-Paying Associate Degrees?
- Electrical Engineering.
- MRI Technology.
- Radiology Technology.
- Respiratory Therapy.
- Occupational Therapy.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Network Engineering. Network engineers design, administer, and maintain local and wide area network systems.
What can you major in with associates of science?
Possible majors within this category are English, comparative literature, folklore, creative writing, nonfiction writing and journalism. Students who choose one of these majors and pursue a teaching credential typically become secondary school English, writing or composition teachers.
Should I get an AA or AS?
In essence, A.A. degrees are of a more general nature and can help students further their education or enter various occupational fields. A.S. degrees are more narrowly focused and may require students to take on additional courses when they wish to expand their studies.
Can you make a good living with an associate’s degree?
Many of the high paying jobs with associate’s degrees are in the fields of health care, technology, electronics, or skilled labor, so if you find yourself gravitating to one of these fields, you’re in luck. There are millions of jobs available today for people with associate’s degrees.
While social workers earn a median annual salary of $50,470, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the top 10% of social workers earn salaries of more than $82,540 a year. For example, healthcare social workers in certain parts of California can earn an average annual salary of over $90,000.
What Are the Highest-Paying Social Work Jobs?
- School Social Worker or Counselor.
- Healthcare Social Worker.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Case Manager.
- Child and Family Social Worker.
- Mental Health and Addiction Counselor.
- Religious Activities and Education Director.
- Rehabilitation Counselor.