For the Social Science (6-12) test, test takers must answer roughly 74% of the questions correctly to pass the test. For a 120-question test, this equivalates to approximately 89 questions answered correctly.
- 1 What is the best way to study for the FTCE?
- 2 Is FTCE physical education test hard?
- 3 How long is the FTCE professional exam?
- 4 What is a scaled score of 200?
- 5 Is the GK exam hard?
- 6 Can you use a calculator on the FTCE?
- 7 How many times can you take the FTCE exam?
- 8 How do you study for a physical education test?
- 9 How do you get a physical education certificate?
- 10 How do you become a PE coach?
- 11 How much does it cost to take the FTCE?
What is the best way to study for the FTCE?
How to study for the FTCE test
- Practice questions help identify your areas of weakness.
- Comprehensive curricula are designed specifically for FTCE exams.
- FTCE practice tests emulate the content and structure of questions on the exams.
Is FTCE physical education test hard?
The FTCE Physical Education K-12 is extremely challenging and thorough test preparation is essential for success.
How long is the FTCE professional exam?
The test is approximately 110 multiple-choice questions. It is computer-based (CBT) and must be completed in 2.5 hours.
What is a scaled score of 200?
You need to get 71% of answers correct to earn a scaled score of 200. Assuming there are exactly 120 questions, you’ll need at least 85 correct answers to pass the assessment.
Is the GK exam hard?
FTCE General Knowledge Test: Exam Difficulty. The FTCE General Knowledge test measures the same core academic skills you’ve been using in college, so the exam shouldn’t be particularly difficult, especially if you’ve been doing well in your studies.
Can you use a calculator on the FTCE?
If you are taking a test that requires a calculator, the test site will provide one for you; do not bring your own calculator. You may wish to bring a sweater or sweatshirt to ensure your comfort. Descriptions of such special features may be found in the individual FTCE and FELE test information guides.
How many times can you take the FTCE exam?
Fortunately for students who need to take an FTCE test again, there is no limit on the number of times you can take any one test.
How do you study for a physical education test?
The best way to study for these types of questions is to practice examining physical education activities, which you can do by sitting in on local physical education courses, or even visiting the local park where students are playing sports. You can also look up relevant videos online and practice writing about them.
How do you get a physical education certificate?
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a major (or minor) in kinesiology or another related field.
- Completion of a teacher preparation program (usually following the bachelor’s degree), including a period of supervised student teaching.
- Passing the state examination (commonly a Praxis II test)
How do you become a PE coach?
To become a PE teacher you either need to complete a 4-year degree, which may be either a combined degree, which includes health and physical education or human movement, and a teaching component, or a degree in a relevant subject such as human movement, followed by an accredited graduate entry teaching qualification.
How much does it cost to take the FTCE?
For the FTCE General Knowledge Test, the testing fee is $130 for your first attempt and $150 for any subsequent attempts. It costs the same, no matter how many subject areas you intend to complete, so for most test-takers, it makes sense to attempt all four subtests in one sitting.