The 2019-2020 Journal Impact IF of Social Science Journal is 1.033, which is just updated in 2020.
- 1 What is a good impact factor for a journal?
- 2 Is 2 a good journal impact factor?
- 3 What are the best journals for social sciences?
- 4 Which journal has highest impact factor?
- 5 What is a high impact journal?
- 6 How do you know if a journal is good?
- 7 What is Scopus index?
- 8 Is journal a rank?
- 9 Is Criminology a social science?
- 10 What is a social science journal?
- 11 What jobs can a social science degree get you?
- 12 Is 6 a good impact factor?
- 13 Is science advances a good journal?
- 14 Is scientific reports a good journal?
What is a good impact factor for a journal?
In most fields, the impact factor of 10 or greater is considered an excellent score while 3 is flagged as good and the average score is less than 1. This is a rule of thumb. However, the wild card to pay attention to is that impact factor and comparing journals are most effective in the same discipline.
Is 2 a good journal impact factor?
The impact factor (IF) is a measure of the frequency with which the average article in a journal has been cited in a particular year. It is used to measure the importance or rank of a journal by calculating the times it’s articles are cited. Journal with Impact factor with more than 2 can be considered good.
Social sciences Journals List
- American Journal of Sociology.
- The Social Science Journal.
- The American journal of Islamic social sciences.
- Asia Pacific Journal of Public Administration.
- Social sciences in China.
- Annals of Financial Economics.
- Pakistan journal of life and social sciences.
Which journal has highest impact factor?
Journals with High Impact Factor
- CA- A Cancer Journal for Clinicians | 435,4.
- Natural Review Materials | 123,7.
- Quarterly Journal of Economics | 22,7.
- Nature Reviews Genetics | 73,5.
- Cell | 58,7.
- Journal of Political Economy | 12,1.
- New England Journal of Medicine | 66,1.
- Econometrica | 8,1.
What is a high impact journal?
A ‘high impact’ journal is one where its articles are regulalrly cited across the academic spectrum – and especially if they are cited in other high impact journals. Citation indexes were first developed in the 1950s as a means to measure ‘Impact Factor’ of journals.
How do you know if a journal is good?
The most commonly used measure of journal quality is the Journal Impact Factor (JIF). The Impact Factor attempts to measure the quality of a journal in terms of its influence on the academic community. In general, the higher the Impact Factor, the more important and prestigious the journal within its particular field.
What is Scopus index?
What is a Scopus indexed journal? Scopus is an Elsevier’s abstract and citation database that was launched in 2004 to improve institutions’ and professionals’ progress in sciences and healthcare. It is known to be the best abstraction and citation database for peer-reviewed journals.
Is journal a rank?
Journal ranking is widely used in academic circles in the evaluation of an academic journal’s impact and quality. Journal rankings are intended to reflect the place of a journal within its field, the relative difficulty of being published in that journal, and the prestige associated with it.
Criminology is the systematic study of law making, law breaking, and law enforcing. Criminology is a social science emphasizing systematic data collection, theoretical-methodological symmetry, and the accumulation of empirical evidence toward the goal of understanding the nature and extent of crime in society.
The Social Science Journal is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering social science. The journal is published by Elsevier on behalf of the Western Social Science Association, of which it is the official journal.
- Urban Planner.
- Tourism Officer.
- Heritage Officer.
- Business Development Consultant.
- Human Resources Manager.
- Marketing Professional.
Is 6 a good impact factor?
Impact Factors are used to measure the importance of a journal by calculating the number of times selected articles are cited within the last few years. The top 5% of journals have impact factors approximately equal to or greater than 6 (610 journals or 4.9% of the journals tracked by JCR).
Is science advances a good journal?
The overall rank of Science advances is 215. According to SCImago Journal Rank (SJR), this journal is ranked 5.928. SCImago Journal Rank is an indicator, which measures the scientific influence of journals. The best quartile for this journal is Q1.
Is scientific reports a good journal?
Scientific Reports publishes the most articles of any journal in the world and it has the quality you’d expect. Its impact factor is higher than that of PLOS One because of a handful of physics articles that get published there each year that rack up a ton of citations.