- Departments & Programs.
- Anthropology. Latino/Chicano Studies. Environmental Studies. Gender Studies.
- Geography and Sustainability. History. International Studies. Latin American Studies. Legal Studies.
- Military Science (ROTC) Politics, Policy, & Administration. Social Science Programs. Sociology.
- 1 What high school classes fall under social sciences?
- 2 What is Western Oregon University known for?
- 3 What is the most common bachelor’s degree at Western Oregon University?
- 4 Is Western Oregon University a religious school?
- 5 Should I take 4 years of social studies?
- 6 What social studies do 12th graders take?
- 7 What GPA do you need for Oregon?
- 8 Is Western Oregon a party school?
- 9 What is the acceptance rate for Western Oregon University?
- 10 How many students are enrolled at Western Oregon University?
- 11 How much does Western Oregon University cost?
Besides history, social sciences are classes like economics, geography, world cultures, civics, and government. So, definitely check with your own high school to see how many years you need and what counts as a social science.
What is Western Oregon University known for?
The most popular majors at Western Oregon University include: Education; Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies; Psychology; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services; Visual and Performing Arts; Computer and Information
What is the most common bachelor’s degree at Western Oregon University?
The most common Bachelor’s Degree concentration at Western Oregon University is General Business (136 degrees awarded), followed by General Education (132 degrees) and General Psychology (115 degrees).
Is Western Oregon University a religious school?
Establishment. Western Oregon University was founded in 1856 as Monmouth University. In 1865, it merged with another private institution, Bethel College, in Bethel and became Christian College.
Most colleges require completing at least two years of social studies, often including US history and World or European history classes. For students planning on majoring in a related field, such as political science or history, most colleges require they have completed four years of social studies.
12th Grade Social Studies
- US History I.
- Survey of World History.
What GPA do you need for Oregon?
With a GPA of 3.59, University of Oregon requires you to be around average in your high school class. You’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, and very few C’s. If you have a lower GPA, you can compensate with harder courses like AP or IB classes.
Is Western Oregon a party school?
Anyone who thrives in a large city or busy environment. WOU is a small and quiet school, not known for parties or many social activities. Anyone who doesn’t enjoy a small town would not have an enojoyable time here.
What is the acceptance rate for Western Oregon University?
The Western Oregon Wolves (also WOU Wolves) are the 13 varsity athletic teams that represent Western Oregon University, located in Monmouth, Oregon, in NCAA Division II intercollegiate sports. The Wolves compete as members of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference.
How many students are enrolled at Western Oregon University?
Fraternity and Sorority Life will develop and provide support for individuals and the fraternities and sororities that partner with Western Oregon University. Interested in joining a fraternity or sorority? Fill out our interest form!
How much does Western Oregon University cost?
Local tuition 9,768 USD, Domestic tuition 27,678 USD (2019 – 20)