Social science entails the study of human behavior and society at a variety of levels. Popular social science majors include psychology, political science, and economics. A social science degree can lead to many types of jobs in business, science, and law.
- 1 What jobs can you get with social science?
- 2 What are the 5 major social sciences?
- 3 Is a social science major worth it?
- 4 What does a Bachelor of Social Science get you?
- 5 Is Criminology a social science?
- 6 Which social science is the most important?
- 7 Which is the best social science degree?
- 8 What social science should I take?
- 9 Why do people major in social science?
- 10 How much money can you make with a social science degree?
- 11 What are the benefits of studying social science?
- 12 How long is a social science degree?
- 13 What should I do after BA in social science?
- 14 Is social science a BA or BS?
Social Science careers
- Advice Worker. Advice Workers provide information, advice and guidance on a range of topics depending on the role.
- Civil Service Careers.
- Charity Officer.
- Community Development Worker.
- Community Education Officer.
- Equality and Diversity Officer.
- Family Support Worker.
- Housing Officer.
Usually included within the social sciences are cultural (or social) anthropology, sociology, psychology, political science, and economics.
If you enjoy studying human behavior and how people interact with society, social science is a good major. Social science encompasses multiple disciplines and topics. You can specialize in diverse areas of study, including geography, history, and psychology.
What does a Bachelor of Social Science get you?
With a Bachelor of Social Science from Western, you will have the ability to help shape the world we live in. This degree expands your knowledge through theory, research and practical application and offers you a deep understanding of our complex, culturally diverse and dynamic world.
Criminology is the systematic study of law making, law breaking, and law enforcing. Criminology is a social science emphasizing systematic data collection, theoretical-methodological symmetry, and the accumulation of empirical evidence toward the goal of understanding the nature and extent of crime in society.
Education, social anthropology, and linguistics Education is one of the most important social sciences, exploring how people learn and develop. Social anthropology is the study of how human societies and social structures are organised and understood.
Top Highest Paying Graduate Degrees In Social Sciences for 2019
- PhD in Political Science.
- Masters Degree in Finance.
- Masters Degree in Economics.
- Masters Degree in International Relations.
- Masters Degree in Organizational Psychology.
- PhD in Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
The most popular social science majors include psychology, political science, economics, and sociology, according to Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce. Many students also focus on anthropology, geography, criminology, and international relations.
Social science gives you the knowledge you need to help and analyze individuals, small groups, and society as a whole. There are many types of social science degrees. The seven major branches of social sciences are history, political science, geography, economics, psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
How much does a Social Scientist make in the United States? The average Social Scientist salary in the United States is $57,544 as of September 27, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $44,874 and $73,948.
Here are all the amazing ways learning social studies benefits kids and society together:
- Better Reading And Learning.
- Citizen Responsibilities And Values.
- Cultural Understanding.
- Economic Education.
- Critical Thinking.
- Real-World Understanding.
- Political Skills.
- Respect History.
Students must typically complete 120 credits to earn a social science degree online. Full-time students can generally complete their program within four years.
Career Options after BA Social Science
- MA Social Science: On completion of BA in Social Science program, students can also opt for MA in Social Science.
- MA Social Work: Students can also opt this MA Social Work on completion of BA Social Science program and work towards the betterment of society.
You can earn both Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees in social science, and both take about four years to complete. A B.A. typically requires more humanities and language courses, while a B.S. requires additional math and science-based courses.