Jobs you can do with a bachelor’s in social science
- Intelligence analyst.
- Human resources manager.
- Police officer.
- Public relations manager.
- Political consultant.
- Social worker.
- 1 What jobs can you do with social science?
- 2 Is Social Sciences a good degree?
- 3 What should I do after social science?
- 4 Which is the best social science degree?
- 5 What is the benefit of studying social science?
- 6 Are social science degrees useless?
- 7 Why do we need to study about social science?
- 8 What does a Bachelor of Social Science get you?
- 9 Is Criminology a social science?
- 10 Can I become a social worker with a social science degree?
- 11 What is the highest paying social science?
- 12 Is there a social science degree?
7 careers for Social Sciences graduates
- Police. An obvious pick for criminology students, the police force in the UK and abroad is a great natural fit for those with a background in the study of crime.
- Rehabilitation worker.
- Psychologist / Counsellor.
- Social / Youth Worker.
- Local Government.
Is Social Sciences a good degree?
Students with an eye on their job prospects should take social science degrees, research suggests. They are also more likely to be in managerial or senior roles, says a Campaign for Social Science study. The authors analysed data on graduate destinations from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
Some of the areas employing social science graduates are:
- banking and insurance.
- business management.
- local government.
- management consultancy.
- market research.
Top Highest Paying Graduate Degrees In Social Sciences for 2019
- PhD in Political Science.
- Masters Degree in Finance.
- Masters Degree in Economics.
- Masters Degree in International Relations.
- Masters Degree in Organizational Psychology.
- PhD in Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Studying social sciences gives students an understanding of the real world around them. Students learn about places, cultures, and events around the world, what conspired to make them the way they are, and can make inferences about how the rest of the world works.
Humanities and social science degrees across U.S. universities and colleges are repeatedly pigeonholed as useless undergraduate focuses, known to require a few extra years of classes to make any significant entry into the job market.
Put simply, the social sciences are important because they create better institutions and systems that affect people’s lives every day. Thus, social sciences help people understand how to interact with the social world—how to influence policy, develop networks, increase government accountability, and promote democracy.
What does a Bachelor of Social Science get you?
With a Bachelor of Social Science from Western, you will have the ability to help shape the world we live in. This degree expands your knowledge through theory, research and practical application and offers you a deep understanding of our complex, culturally diverse and dynamic world.
Criminology is the systematic study of law making, law breaking, and law enforcing. Criminology is a social science emphasizing systematic data collection, theoretical-methodological symmetry, and the accumulation of empirical evidence toward the goal of understanding the nature and extent of crime in society.
All states where a social work license is required will offer licensure to alumni who have graduated from accredited and relevant Master’s degree programs. Choose a sociology program and you can truly work towards becoming a social worker.
Political Scientist. If you have an interest in politics, then a career as a political scientist might be the right choice for you. This is the highest paid job in the social sciences profession. Political scientists investigate how political systems originated and progressed and how they currently operate.
Social science entails the study of human behavior and society at a variety of levels. Popular social science majors include psychology, political science, and economics. A social science degree can lead to many types of jobs in business, science, and law.