Courses in the social sciences prepare students to engage within human society. Through courses such as economics, political science, anthropology, sociology, history, and psychology, students may gain a better understanding of how the world around them works.
- 1 What does a Bachelor of Social Science get you?
- 2 What does a degree in social science mean?
- 3 What degrees are social science degrees?
- 4 What is the difference between Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Science?
- 5 How long is a social science degree?
- 6 What should I do after BA in social science?
- 7 What do you learn in social science major?
- 8 Is Criminology a social science?
- 9 What jobs are in social science?
- 10 Which is the best social science degree?
- 11 Is social sciences a good degree?
- 12 What are the 5 major social sciences?
- 13 Why is biology a Bachelor of Arts?
- 14 What are the 4 types of degrees?
- 15 Is a bachelor of arts or science better?
What does a Bachelor of Social Science get you?
With a Bachelor of Social Science from Western, you will have the ability to help shape the world we live in. This degree expands your knowledge through theory, research and practical application and offers you a deep understanding of our complex, culturally diverse and dynamic world.
Social science entails the study of human behavior and society at a variety of levels. Popular social science majors include psychology, political science, and economics. A social science degree can lead to many types of jobs in business, science, and law.
The social science disciplines include anthropology, economics, geography, history, political science, psychology, sociology, American ethnic studies, women’s studies, and some areas of mass communications. Social science graduates have a variety of career options.
What is the difference between Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Science?
The main difference between a BA and a BSocSci are the actual subjects you choose to major in. A BSocSci on the other hand requires 2 or more majors that are considered part of social sciences, for example: Sociology, Politics, Archaeology, Psychology, Social Work etc.
Students must typically complete 120 credits to earn a social science degree online. Full-time students can generally complete their program within four years.
Career Options after BA Social Science
- MA Social Science: On completion of BA in Social Science program, students can also opt for MA in Social Science.
- MA Social Work: Students can also opt this MA Social Work on completion of BA Social Science program and work towards the betterment of society.
The social sciences explore how people interact with others and their environment. The umbrella term encompasses diverse areas, including psychology, sociology, and economics. During social sciences programs, students learn broad skills that apply to careers in many fields.
Criminology is the systematic study of law making, law breaking, and law enforcing. Criminology is a social science emphasizing systematic data collection, theoretical-methodological symmetry, and the accumulation of empirical evidence toward the goal of understanding the nature and extent of crime in society.
If you are looking for social science jobs in demand, you will find them on this list of careers.
- Political Scientist.
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist.
- Urban and Regional Planner.
Top Highest Paying Graduate Degrees In Social Sciences for 2019
- PhD in Political Science.
- Masters Degree in Finance.
- Masters Degree in Economics.
- Masters Degree in International Relations.
- Masters Degree in Organizational Psychology.
- PhD in Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Students with an eye on their job prospects should take social science degrees, research suggests. They are also more likely to be in managerial or senior roles, says a Campaign for Social Science study. The authors analysed data on graduate destinations from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
Usually included within the social sciences are cultural (or social) anthropology, sociology, psychology, political science, and economics.
Why is biology a Bachelor of Arts?
degree is more oriented toward science and math courses, with fewer General Education requirements. The Biological Sciences B.A. degree allows students to pursue a typical liberal arts education while still receiving excellent training in biology.
What are the 4 types of degrees?
College degrees generally fall into four categories: associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral. Each college degree level varies in length, requirements, and outcomes. Each college degree aligns with students’ different personal interests and professional goals.
Is a bachelor of arts or science better?
A Bachelor of Science degree offers students a more specialized education in their major. Generally, a BS degree requires more credits than a BA degree because a BS degree is more focused in the specific major. Students are required to focus on studying their major at a more in-depth level.